The internet has unlimited resources for teaching adult literacy. Below is a list of some of those resources.
Here is a helpful worksheet for Teaching Pronunciation
- Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab - Multi-level listening activities and quizzes
- Story Corps- Oral history projects website with thousands of recorded interviews
- English Central - Listening, speaking and vocabulary activities based on wide range of videos. Basic membership is free (requires an email registration).
- Listening Master! - Listening activities based on a game show format. Arranged by level and topic
- Many Things: Listen and Read Along - Series of passages arranged by topic that students can read along as they listen
- Real English - Online videos of spontaneous dialogues of people interviewed on the street. Includes follow up activities
- elllo - Videos with follow up vocabulary and comprehension quizzes. Transcripts of the dialogues are provided as well as downloadable PDFs for classroom activities
- California Distance Learning Project - Listen and read along news articles with follow up vocabulary and comprehension activities
- Manythings - Naturally Spoken English passages with transcripts
- Manythings - Minimal pair quizzes plus read, listen and repeat activities focused on consonant clusters, word stress and tongue twisters
- Rachel’s English - Video lessons on sounds and connected speech
- Marsha Chan's Pronunciation Doctor YouTube - Video lessons on pronunciation, listening, connected speech and more
- English Club - A British English site, but has some helpful lessons on word stress and connected speech, quizzes, and interactive games
- Interactive Color Vowel Chart - Visual tool for teaching the vowel sounds of English
- Sounds of English - Classroom activities and downloadable printouts for pronunciation games
- Literacy Net - English activities and quizzes along with information about living in the US
- Lit Link - A resource with several lessons and activies on learning English
- Grammar quizzes - quizzes you can take. Gives correct answer but no feedback.
- More grammar quizzes - not as easy to work with but gives feedback with rules.
- ESL grammar practice blogspot - many different topics. Fill in the blank with correct answer but no other feedback.
- Dave’s ESL Cafe - provides lessons and examples. Limited number of quizzes, but does give feedback
- ESL games - interactive games for the kid in everyone!
- Bedford St. Martins America Now - many different practices. You may need to provide an email address to create an account, but there is no other cost.
- Better Money Habits - A simple online course to create and obtain financial goals
- My Money - A resource with readings, games, and quizzes
- Central Jersey Housing Resource Center - How to be a responsible home owner
- Smart About Money - Step by step overviews with practical tools
- Spendster - Videos and online conversations about money wasted
- Kids.gov - A list of facts about money
- The Motley Fool - Articles with financial advice
- Consumer Finance - Your money, your goals
- Go BankingRates - Articles with financial advice
- Practical Money Skills - Articles and videos about personal finance
- The Society for Financial Awareness - Articles and free seminars on financial literacy
- National Endowment for Financial Education - Financial education and practical information to people at all financial stages
- WiseBread - Practical financial literacy knowledge
- The Military Wallet - A personal finance website for military members, veterans and their families
- Banking Sense - Articles about personal finance
- Credit Card Forum - Articles, blogs, and forums on credit card use
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality/Patients and Consumers
- Family Doctor
- Health Finder (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Kids Health (info. for parents, kids, teens)
- Mayo Clinic Patient Care and Health Information
- Medicine Plus
- Patient Education Center
- Preferred Care Partners Healthy Living
- University of Iowa Health Library
- Healthcare (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services-Affordable Care Act)
- Humana Healthcare/What It Means to You
How to Find Health Information: